Am I Eligibility to vote?
You are eligible to vote if you are enrolled full-time in a faculty with a vacant position. The vacant positions are as follows:
- Director from the Faculty of Business;
- Director from the Faculty of Health Sciences (HS);
- Director from the Faculty of Skilled Trades & Apprenticeship (STA); and
- Director from the Faculty of Hospitality and Horticultural Science (HHS)
What are the Elections Timeline?
Nominations Open and Notice Date:
September 29, 2022
October 7, 2022 at 2:00 p.m.
Statements issued on website:
October 12, 2022
October 17, 2022 at 9:00 a.m.
October 20, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
What is the role of the Board of Directors?
The role of the Board of Directors is to:
- The Board of Directors is the body of the organization whose duty is to “manage the affairs and activities of the Corporation”
- The Board of Directors is a collective, meaning that with only a few exceptions, the Board as a whole is responsible for the duties and responsibilities of the management of the affairs of the corporation.
- Individually, directors do not have the authority to direct staff or manage the affairs of the Corporation.
The role of the Members of the Board of Directors is to:
- oversee the governance of the corporation by attending and participating in Board and Committee meetings; and
- serve on various college committees as required.
Members of the Board of Directors receive an honorarium between $350.00 – $550.00 per semester. (See section 7 of the Non-Union Managers and Corporate Officers Remuneration Policy).
How do I run?
To run please fill out the nomination form found at https://mydcsa.ca/elections/. Nominations close on October 7, 2022 at 2:00 p.m.
Can I support a candidate?
If you like what a candidate has to say about the future of your student association and your college talk about it. We encourage you to talk about it on social media, to friends and classmates! We will however ask you to be nice to everyone running, and not go negative.
What do I do if I have an issue with a candidate’s behaviour?
If you believe a candidate had broken election rules, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you to get some more information regarding what happened and we’ll look into it.
How do I vote?
You will receive an email on October 17, 2022 with a direct link to a ballot, simply click on that link and you will be taken right to the ballot. Voting is as simple as that.
Appointment processes use a ranked ballot to ensure the majority of those present elect a candidate. The candidates are listed and electors choose to rank their candidates. Once the initial ballots have been counted, if no candidate is elected, then the candidate with the lowest number of votes is eliminated and the second choice of electors who voted for that candidate is counted. This continues until a candidate wins the majority of the votes. This is called rounds of voting.