What are the positions in the DCSA Elections?
Executive Chair and Cheif Elected Officer
The Role of the Executive Chair is to:
- Chair Board meetings and Members’ meetings;
- act as the representative of the DCSA;
- uphold, promote and further the interests of the Corporation;
- promote public involvement in DCSA’s activities;
- participate in and foster activities that enhance the economic, social and environmental well-being of DCSA and its Members;
- provide leadership, information and recommendations to the Board;
Directors from the Faculties
The Role of the Directors from the Faculties are to:
- oversee the governance of the Corporation by attending and participating in Board and Committee meetings; and
- serve on various college committees as required.
Are there campaign events and when will they be held?
Candidates in the Pit
The Pit, Oshawa Campus
March 22, 2023, 11:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Candidates will have tables to speak to students in the Pit. Each candidate for Executive Chair will have a table to talk to students.
Candidates at Whitby
Whitby Campus Atrium, Whitby Campus
March 23, 2023, 11:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Candidates will have tables to speak to students in the Atrium. Each candidate for Executive Chair will have a table to talk to students.
Riot Radio event
The Executive Chair Candidates will have the opportunity to participate in a moderated discussion regarding their views for the Executive Chair Office on Riot Radio. Details will be available on the DCSA Elections Website regarding this during the elections period.
Who can vote
Any full-time post-secondary student can vote for Executive Chair and Chief Elected Officer.
Any full-time post-secondary student within the faculty or faculties represented by the Director can vote for that director.
How do electors vote
Electors will receive an email on March 28, 2023 with a direct link to a ballot, simply click on that link, and you will be taken to the ballot.
If an elector did not receive an link, they should contact DCSA Elections email@example.com who will investigate the issue.
Results will be made available on the DCSA website and social media after the polls close.