What are the roles being elected?
The roles which will be elected in this election are:
- One (1) Executive Chair and Chief Elected Officer
- One (1) Director from the Faculty of Business (Class A)
- One (1) Director from the Faculty of Health Sciences (Class B)
- One (1) Director from the Faculty of Media, Art and Design (Class C)
- Two (2) Director from Faculties of Skilled Trades, and Apprenticeship; Hospitality and Horticulture Science; and Liberal Studies (Classes D, F and H)
- One (1) Director from the Faculty of Science, Engineering, and Information Technology (Class E)
- One (1) Director from the Faculty of Social and Community Services (Class G)
What do I do if I know someone who I think should run?
- If you know someone who you think should run, you can let them know by speaking to them or you can ask them to run through the online form at https://mydcsa.ca/elections/ask-them-to-run/.
- The DCSA website https://mydcsa.ca/elections/ is a good resource to direct any student to who may be interested in running in the election.
Academic Activity and Campaigning
Candidates can campaign in classes if they have the permission of the course instructor, and candidates should direct the students to the elections website for information.
Candidates can post on MyCampus and other class-related electronic boards as long as the person in charge of the Board (course instructor) gives permission.
There is no prohibition on faculty or staff asking a candidate to run in the election, however under no circumstances should faculty or staff tell student who to vote for or use college resources to promote a candidate.
If candidates did not follow your instruction regarding in academic activity and campaigning, please let the Chief Returning Officer know by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting Candidate misconduct
If you believe a candidate had broken election rules, email email@example.com and we will get back to you to get some more information regarding what happened and we’ll look into it.
Who can vote
Any full-time post-secondary student can vote for Executive Chair and Chief Elected Officer.
Any full-time post-secondary student within the faculty or faculties represented by the Director can vote for that director.
How do electors vote
Electors will receive an email on March 28, 2023 with a direct link to a ballot, simply click on that link, and you will be taken to the ballot.
If an elector did not receive a link, they should contact DCSA Elections firstname.lastname@example.org who will investigate the issue.
Results will be made available on the DCSA website and social media after the polls close.