There is a by-election called for November 2-4, 2021, to elect the following vacant positions:
- Director from Class B membership (the School of Justice and Emergency Services)
- Director from Class C membership (the School of Media, Art and Design)
- Director from Class D membership (the School of Skilled Trades, Apprenticeship and Renewable Technology)
- Director from Class H membership (the School of Interdisciplinary Studies)
Only students within that school can vote for the director from that school.
Important Information: When is this election happening?
- September 28, 2021 Notice of Election is sent
- October 14, 2021 Nominations are due at 1:00 p.m.
- Deadline to withdraw nominations at 4:00 p.m.
- October 19, 2021 All Candidates Meeting
- October 21, 2021 Campaigning begin at 11:00 a.m.
- November 2, 2021 Voting begins at 9:00 a.m.
- November 4, 2021 Voting closes at 5:00 p.m.
Important Information: What are these positions?
Durham College Student Association (DCSA) is an independent organization that represents all Durham College Students. DCSA is governed by an elected student board of directors who dictate the various services and supports to enhance the student experience online and on-campus. DCSA features various departments that serve the specific needs of DC Students.
Your Board of Directors is composed of representatives from each school at Durham College. The Board of Directors meets once a month. It makes decisions regarding your student association and communicates issues to the College regarding the needs of students. Directors also may have to sit on committees and other events. This position takes about five hours a month.
Important Information: How do I run/learn more?
You can file a nomination form by filling out the nomination form here. (link to form)
Usually, during the nomination process, you would have to attain the signatures of students who support your nomination. Due to COVID-19, this is not occurring, and you need to fill out the nomination form on the website.
Important information: Why Should I get involved?
If you are interested in making a positive difference at your College, you should run for these positions! It is a fantastic way to gain leadership skills that you will use to make Durham College and the world better!
For more information, please check out the Candidates Guide here.