What are the positions that a second nominations process has begun for?
A second nomination process has begun for the following positions.
- Director from the Faculty of Business (Class A)
- Director from the Faculty of Health Sciences (Class B)
- Director from the Faculty of Media, Art and Design (Class C)
- Director from the Faculties of Skilled Trades, and Apprenticeship; Hospitality and Horticulture Science; and Liberal Studies (Classes D, F and H) (one to be elected)
- Director from the Faculty of Social and Community Services (Class G)
Nominations will open at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, March 13, 2023, and will close at 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 21, 2023.
What are the positions that have been filled?
The following positions have been filled by nominations:
- The Executive Chair and Cheif Elected Officers
- One of the two Directors from the Faculties of Skilled Trades, and Apprenticeship; Hospitality and Horticulture Science; and Liberal Studies
Further, the following election has more than one candidate will be filled by election.
- Director from the School of Science, Engineering, and Information Technology.
How does the second nomination process work?
Nominations will open at 9:00 a.m. on March 13, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. and will close on March 21, 2023 at 1:00 p.m.
The nomination form for the first nomination period is adapted online for the second nomination process, however, either the form for the first or second nomination process can be used. Nomination Forms can be submitted online at mydcsa.ca/elections or to the DCSA Office in Oshawa or at Whitby.
What if there is more than one candidate for the remaining position of Director from the Faculties of Skilled Trades and Appretenship; Hospitality and Horticulture Studies; and Liberal Studies?
Under the Elections Policy since a nominee was certified before the close of nominations the candidate was declared elected by acclamation, if during the second nomination process, more than one additional nomination is received and certified, then an election will take place only for the remaining seat. The Certification of Election by Acclamation cannot be reversed during the second nomination process.
What if seats remain vacant during the second nominations process?
If there are no certified nominations during the second nomination process, then the Secretary of the Board will call a membership meeting of the specific classes of membership which remain vacant at the close of nominations in accordance with the terms of resolution 2022-0705.