Eligibility to vote
You are eligible to for two offices:
- The Executive Chair and Chief Elected Officer of Durham College Student Association;
- The director from the school you are registered in.
The role of the Executive Chair is to:
- Chair Board meetings and Members’ meetings;
- act as the representative of the DCSA;
- uphold, promote and further the interests of the Corporation;
- promote public involvement in DCSA’s activities;
- participate in and foster activities that enhance the economic, social and environmental well-being of DCSA and its Members;
- provide leadership, information and recommendations to the Board;
The role of the Board of Directors is to:
- oversee the governance of the corporation by attending and participating on Board and Committee meetings; and
- serve on various college committees as are required.
Durham College is holding an election for the Student Governor on the Durham College Board of Governors. That election is not subject to this elector’s guide, please see the website of the Board of Governors for more information on that election https://durhamcollege.ca/about/governance/board-of-governors/elections/student-elections.
The Timeline for the Election is as follows:
February 22, 2022 Notice of Election is sent
March 7, 2022 Nominations are due at 1:00 p.m.
March 8, 2022 All Candidates Meeting
March 10, 2022 Campaigning begins at 11:00 a.m.
March 22, 2022 Voting begins at 9:00 a.m.
March 24, 2022 Voting closes at 5:00 p.m.
How to run
To run please fill out the nomination form found at https://mydcsa.ca/elections/. Nominations close on March 7, 2022 at 1:00 p.m.
Supporting a candidate
If you like what a candidate has to say about the future of your student association and your college talk about it. We encourage you to talk about it on social media, to friends and classmates! We will however ask you to be nice to everyone running, and not go negative.
What to do when you find an issue with a candidate
If you believe a candidate had broken election rules, email email@example.com and we will get back to you to get some more information regarding what happened and we’ll look into it.
How to vote
You will receive an email on March 22, 2022 with a direct link to a ballot, simply click on that link and you will be taken right to the ballot. Voting is as simple as that.
There is currently a referendum going on regarding funding for the e-sports arena. For more information please go to https://mydcsa.ca/elections/referendum/.